More About Me...

Hello, I am a German Shepard puppy. I was born here in California and have 5 other siblings I live with. My mother says we are blessed to have such a big family and she also tells me I am lucky to still have my Grandparents around. My Grandma is my owner and she loves me very much. Every day she takes me out for long walks with the family, bakes me my favorite biscuit treats, and always gives me attention!

Another Tit-Bit...

I couldn't be any more happier than I already am. Our family has so much to learn and right now I am going to dog obedience school. I've made so many other friends there like another pup named "Puggy" and his other friend is "Labby". Going to school is fun each day, but I prefer spending time playing and having my owners teach me how to fetch and do other tricks.

Teach your Dog to Fetch

I guess you want to teach your dog to fetch, right? Many dogs love to play fetch with their owner and this creates a mutual bonding between you and your pet. You can also take up this activity with your children, or even the whole family. You can easily train your dog to fetch within a week or less. By teaching your dog to fetch, you are opening up a new door of learning and understanding basic commands.

  • You can teach dog fetch with an object of liking. Take his favorite toy and use this to begin training. Your dog will most likely run after it since it is his most favored toy. Think of it this way, what would you do if someone threw your kite and it started to fly away?
  • Make sure your dog is paying attention to you before you teach your dog to fetch. Once he is looking at you, wave the toy in front of him a few times until his eyes follow and throw it a few yards. Your dog should chase it instantly.
  • If in the event when you teach a dog to fetch, that they do not seem to follow the game – you can add a new twist to this. You can replace his favorite object with a dog treat such as an edible biscuit. He will quickly pick up the scent and acknowledge this is food for him. So, the instinct of chasing it is present.
  • When you train your dog to fetch, make sure you always give praise and love to your pet. You want to make them feel appreciated and also get the idea of this game. Once they learn that every time they retrieve their toys, they realize that a treat will be rewarded shortly after doing this.


Tips: When you are teaching your dog to fetch, always be patient with them. It may take a couple of days to teach a dog to fetch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

different paths

college campus lawn

wires in front of sky

aerial perspective

clouds

clouds over the highway

The Poultney Inn

apartment for rent